Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Click to continue

I suspect that like the vast majority of blogs, this one will exist in complete obscurity. But my interest in seeing what goes into one of these is enough to drive me to try it out anyway.

I was a hyperactive child, and as an adult that has been an underlying component of who I am. I tend to get completely immersed in some skill, topic or challenge, and my obsession generally drives me to become somewhat adept at it. Then just as quickly, something shiny will distract me and I'm off into a new obsession and the previous fascination gets dropped like a hot potato.

Some of what I run into is that as I find new obsessions and get involved in research on them, I find a lack of certain kinds of details regarding the various topics. These are generally details that would have been important to me and which I could discover only via trial and error.

So I thought to myself, why not start jotting some of these down? If it helps anyone else out there, it's worth the effort.

No comments: